Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Venison Burgers aka Deer Burgers

As promised I'm reporting back on the venison burgers I made last night. My husband loved them and I was pleased with how juicy and well-flavored they were, but the meat was a little rich and gamey for me. I would eat them again, but I prefer beef. When I first mixed up the burgers they were too wet and wouldn't hold together so I added bread crumbs and the texture came out perfect. I don't have precise measurements for my recipes, but here are my ingredients and my estimates of how much I used:

Venison Burgers
1.25 lb ground venison
1 egg
1T prepared horseradish
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup fine bread crumbs
2t paprika
2t black pepper

Mix all ingredients by hand. Form into patties (I made 7 quarter pound ones) and grill for 5 minutes on each side.

Silvia

5 comments:

Anne D said...

My dad used to go deer hunting. They would usually only get one buck between them - besides they had to pack it out of the middle of the bush so they didn't need more than one - he loved bringing home sausages made from the venison.

ingrid said...

My husband hunts every year and there is always veni in the freezer. This looks like a great recipe!

Silvia Violet said...

Venison sausages do sound good, Anne.

Ingrid, I hope you enjoy the recipe!

Silvia Violet said...

You're welcome, Tehya!

Liz said...

Hi Silvia
This is handy since we're in the middle of deer season and have already got a few
Thanks